This is why I didn’t join Empower Network. Brief review. Everything about looks like a scam.
If you are an online marketer I’m sure you have heard about Empower Network. Maybe you are doing research to figure out if this is legit or not. Let me say right of the bat that I’m not an attorney so it is hard for me to make a legal recommendation for or against Empower Network.
Anyway this my review about the company and why I didn’t join when they launched in 2011
I heard about from the start through Dave Wood. I just couldn’t put my finger on it, but everything about it looked like a scam to me. First there were all these claims of people making huge amounts of money. I have been online for a while so when I hear crazy income claims my scam antenna goes up immediately.
Empower Network seemed to break the the mold a bit and so I took a closer look to investigate it as it didn’t seem like a regular MLM model but it was more like some affiliate program.
One of the selling points was that the blog was optimized to rank high in the search engines and that it was easy for newbies to get started without having to install a new blog. That didn’t really attract me because I already had several blogs anyway.
Another selling point was that they pay out 100% commissions. Immediately I saw a problem. To get started it costs $25.00 and there is a $19.95 maintenance fee which is non commissionable. To their credit, this fee stays the same no matter how many products you own.(UPDATE: I inquired about the $19.95 fee and this was the explanation. Originally there was no fee, BUT all members were responsible for their own merchant account. This caused a lot of problems because when you make a lot of money suddenly merchant account companies, started shutting accounts down. So Empower set up it’s own merchant account. That’s when they started charging the $19.95 fee)
Speaking of which. They of course do have upsells. More on that later.
At every turn though I bumped it into testimonials of success stories that simply didn’t compute. Newbies making thousands of dollars? Huh? But these stories became harder to ignore the more I heard them and the more people had success.
So I started to think to myself, could I be wrong about my review of Empower Network? But how is it possible to make so much money and they pay out 100% commissions? Something just didn’t add up.
Finally I couldn’t resist and took a closer look and dug deep into their payout structure…
How My Views On Empower Network Turned Around – Review
When I truly examined the payout structure it finally hit me. What I found is that Empower Network is NOT an MLM company and all this time I was trying to examine them through an MLM lens…
That is why I joined Empower Network in 2013.
Empower Network is actually more like an affliate program with a unique multi tiered payout structure. You see there is not a downline of people which is common in MLM but instead there is a downline that is determined by the individual products!
To understand this concept please watch the video below:
Once I understood this concept I could see how realistic it was to make thousands of dollars a month without really a lot of sales! As a matter of fact just ONE sale you make or ANY one in your product downline could net you a $3000 payday…
Let’s look at Empower Network Products-Review
Empower Network Products:
- The Viral Blogging System($25/Mo). This blogging system is ready to go right out of the box. No installation required, no configuration or any thing like that. Just log in and start blogging. The amazing thing about this blog is that it is quite easy to rank blog posts in Google because it is an Authority Blog with an Alexa ranking of around 400 out of around 40 Million websites. Trust me when I tell you that, that fact is huge. As a matter of fact I was shockingly surprised how I was able to rank a few of my posts for quite a few competitive keywords.
- The Inner Circle Audios($100/Mo). This is a growing library of audio recording of mostly Mindset Training but also a great deal of Strategy training. If you are like me and most marketers who feel that mind set training is a bunch of fluff or hype, think again. If you are a serious Entrepreneur you need positive mindset training because as you know there are not a lot of people who understand or even support what you do. Most people have an employee mindset… So this is very valuable and dare I say required for serious entrepreneurs.
- The Costa Rica Intensive($500 One Time Payment). A Video series of Dave Wood’s private Master Mind event and coaching sessions. The videos outline lots of business-building strategies I’d never learned about before, such as leadership, automation, persuasion, building authority, selling skills, presentation skills and much more. It truly is WELL worth the price. What you will learn in these video series can be applied to any business!
- The 15 Formula($1000 One Time Payment). Recorded and updated webinars for 2013 outlining what works now. Specific actionable action steps that will make you a top notch marketers in ANY field! You will learn from the most successful people in Empower Network including the founders Dave & Dave. If you are a nuts and bolts type of person you will absolutely love this. It will definitely take your business to the next level IF you apply just a few of the strategies taught here.
- The Masters’ Retreat($3500 One Time Payment). 41 high-definition videos that document a recent Empower Network masters retreat, where 100 top earners each forked over $5,000 to attend. Compelling stories from real people with extraordinary results that will shift you into making $10K, $50k and $100K+ per month for your best year ever. These are advance hard hitting strategies and are not meant for newbies.
Please keep in mind that all products except for the Master’s Retreat pay 100% commissions! What that means is that for each product you will recoup your investment with just ONE SALE! Think about that for a second… I don’t know ANY Network Marketing company, personally, that allows you to do that.
What’s more is that ALL Empower Network’s products are there to help YOU become more successful in other words they Empower you
I hope that this review gave you more insight into the Empower Network company and the products.